Fairfield Canoe Club – Club Members: Clubhouse is closed.
At this time, showers, change rooms, kitchen are off limits, and shared PFDs, skirts and helmets are not allowed.
You may use the boatshed to collect your boat, paddle and PFD and to go paddling from FCC.
You cannot use the clubhouse showers, toilets or change rooms or kitchen. First aid kit is available in the boatshed.
If paddling from FCC, you MUST:
- Wear a PFD. It’s the law, and there are less people around than usual to help if you get in to trouble.
- Disinfect the lock or roller door handle after touching it, using the disinfectant provided.
- NOTIFY us of your paddling date/ time and your expected finish time – before you get on the water – by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by text to 0418 397 033. If you use a club boat, let us know the boat number too. This is essential, so that should a case of Covid-19 be detected among FCC paddlers, we can notify anyone who may have been impacted.
- You MUST maintain a distance of at least 1.5m from any other person (unless member of your household) at ALL TIMES:
- In the boatshed. This means – one person in an aisle ONLY at any time.
- On the landing
- On the water
- If there are too many people wanting to get out, or in, at once, take 5 and WAIT.
- No double kayaks can be used as the paddlers are too close together (even if paddlers live in same household).
If we hear that these rules are not being followed we will be forced to lock the boatshed and gates down again.
Rowan and the FCC Board, 22 July 2020