The Annual General Meeting of the Fairfield Canoe Club Co-operative Ltd is to be held on Monday 24th September 2018. The meeting will take place at the registered office of FCC Co-operative Ltd which is 9 The Esplanade Fairfield. The meeting will commence at 7.30pm however members are invited to arrive at 7.00pm to catch up with other members and share some refreshments.
It is a requirement under the Rules and Regulations of FCC that I notify you 6 weeks prior to the AGM of the number of Directors retiring and inform you as to how you can stand for election to become a Director of FCC.
The continuing Directors with one year remaining on their two year terms are Pat Maclean, Neil Grierson and Foster Rossetto. The retiring Directors are:
- Simon Boyd retires after completing his two year term
- Rowan Doyle retires after completing his two year term
- Elena Cementon retires after completing a one year term
- Craig Harpin retires after completing a casual board vacancy.
As a result there are three vacancies for two year terms on the Board and one vacancy for a one year term.
Please note that individual roles for Directors are determined by the elected Board after the AGM.
All members, including retiring Directors, are eligible to stand for election as a Director as long as they are 18 years or older, they are a shareholder of Fairfield Canoe Club Co-operative, and they are not disqualified under section 174 of the Co-operatives National Law.
The Directors of the Club are responsible for ensuring that the club is run within the rules of the Co-operatives Act and the Policies and Procedures of FCC Co-op. This encompasses running the club in the best interests of all members.
To nominate to stand for election as a Director you must submit a nomination in writing to the Secretary. Nomination forms are available on the FCC website here. Each nomination must:
- be signed by 2 or more members of the club
- provide details of the qualifications and experience of the person nominated
- include or be accompanied by a written and signed document from the candidate agreeing to her / his nomination.
- be lodged at the registered office no less than 21 days prior to the Annual General Meeting (i.e. you must ensure that the nomination and supporting documentation arrives in the FCC mailbox marked to the attention of the Secretary no later than 7:30pm on 3rd September 2018).
All candidates should note that they must have a current Working with Childrens Check to hold a position on the Board. In addition all nomination details provided will be made available to all members of FCC Co-op to assist them in the election process. The election itself will take place at the AGM.
I would like to encourage members to consider standing for election, as it is vital for the club that we ensure ongoing, active participation from a variety of club members. If you would like to get more involved but don't wish to stand for election as a Director please consider representing the club in one of the clubs sub-committees.
Looking forward to seeing you at the 2018 AGM.
Simon Boyd, Chair
Fairfield Canoe Club