Northern Districts Rowing Club pair. In 1933 FCC fell on hard times, rather than disappearing, they shared a local community initiative and created the Northern Districts Rowing Club (NDRC). This move brought an injection of funds that expanded boat storage, salvaged flagging membership and thus saved our Club. NDRC later became the Heidelberg Rowing Club. Rowing crews successfully competed out of our Clubhouse until 1948 when the enthusiasm for rowing fell. The Weekly Times notes that “a racing and a practice eight were sold to Warrnambool RC” which would have helped ease another FCC debt burden.