Fairfield Canoe Club welcomes prospective new members. Our membership fees may look a little complex at first; we stronly recommend that you visit the club on a Sunday morning between 9.45 and 10.15am to talk to our Director on Duty, to understand the fee structure and to have a tour of the club.
Fairfield Canoe Club Co-operative Ltd operates as a non-trading co-operative with shares. All members are required to become shareholders when they join FCC.
All FCC full members are equal members and as such must be shareholders in our cooperative, receive a key to the clubhouse/ boatshed, can vote at our AGM and can stand for election to our Board of Management. Full members may be adult or junior or student - but in all cases the same shareholding is required per person.
Membership fees comprise the following:
1. A once-off shareholding fee - which forms part of the capital base of the club. This shareholding is returned to you when/if you elect to leave the club.
2. Annual fee - for FCC (Fairfield Canoe Club)
Additional cost for Boat storage (if applicable)
Additional cost for Dependent children (if applicable)
3. Annual fee - CV (Caneoing Victoria) which incorporates AC (Australian Canoeing) membership.
FCC's financial year runs from 1 July to 30 June. Pro-rata memberships are available for new members joining part way through a financial year: a 6 month membership from 1 January and a 3 month membership from 1 April.
Three relevant documents are available for download below.
- FCC Membership Application FY2018 - to be completed when applying for membership of FCC
- CV-AC Membership Application FY2018 - to be completed when applying for membership of FCC
- FCC Membership Renewal FY2018 - renewal for current members only.
Prospective members should also read the club model rules and FCC's policy and procedure documents.
Apart from full members, we have three other classes of members:
- Dependant junior members (U18) whose membership is tied to an adult membership and who do not vote at the AGM or receive a club key (the adult can vote and receives a key);
- School members whose membership is managed by the school, who cannot vote and who do not receive an individual key;
- Life members who are full members but are exempt from paying annual FCC fees.