From Monday 21 Feb to Friday 25 Feb we had several FCC related crews racing in the Massive Murray Paddle. Wennie (K1) and Rowan/Fiona (TC2) and Stephen (UC2) completed full distance. Lisa, Marlena and Don (K1 relay) completed most of the distance.
- Fastest full distance boat was Stephen and James in UC1
- Mud, glorious mud! Squelching in the mud at each checkpoint on day 5.
- Coming around a tight bend at 7.20am on Thursday, just out of Echuca/Moama and finding the paddlesteamer Canberra bearing down on us (that was what that "toot" was. A quick paddle to the right and phew we were well clear...
- Swirls, snags, swimming snakes ... and no capsizes
- Amazing landcrew. Being refuelled and re-energised at each checkpoint (see "mud" above) was fab.
- Generous donors to our causes. Thank you!
- Overall results
- Overall handicap results
Detailed article and plenty of photos to come...