The purchasing of the land at the Esplanade was the start. Debentures were sold and the grand plan started. The club house was completed in April 1928 and our great era of canoeing started.
At the Victorian Championship for C4s at the annual Henley Regatta, competitors had a lot of fun decorating canoes. Mr.H. De La Rue was President. Prominent names: Harry De La Rue, Claire Williams, Alf Lucke, Bob Burgin, Fred Taylor. Alf Lucke was building high end C2s well ahead of his time
One of the main workers building the club also built the trolley system.